Candiolo Cancer Institute is opening a call for a Research Assistant at the Imaging research group of Prof. Daniele Regge (www.aipocratech.com). The research contract will have a duration of 2 years and will be funded by the “ProCancer-I” European Project (reference “952159” – from the call Nº H2020-SC1-FA-DTS-2019-1), granted by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme.
Qualification and expertise
Eligible candidates must hold a PhD or MS degree in either engineering (preferably biomedical, physics or computer) or computer science. Successful applicants should have experience in quantitative medical imaging processing and analysis, and in the development of artificial intelligence algorithms. Basic knowledge of phyton and/or C programming languages and Matlab will be required. Knowledge of ASSEMBLY (x86, ARM/MIPS), JAVA, TYPESCRIPT, and R will be preferrable. Applicant should have good knowledge of spoken and written English language.
Research activities will include:
- the development of Deep Learning based models and Radiomics Signatures;
- statistical Analysis (i.e., feature selection/reduction, ML modelling using survival analysis and other clinical outcomes).
- research on explainable and trustworthy AI
Application must include the following:
- A short letter in which the reasons for application, personal motivation and expectations for the post are explained;
- Curriculum vitae including personal data, i.e. name, age, master’s degree if any, PhD if any, academic recognitions, awards and prizes, clinical education, previous clinical and scientific positions, publication metrics (Hirsch factor, total number of peer review publications, number of publications during the past five years, as first or last author), editorial work, research supervision, management and financing, teaching experience, number of invited lectures and roles in scientific societies, description of intellectual property if any.
- List of publications
- List of meetings attended as an invited speaker
- Full text of up to 5 publications relevant to the offered position.
Primary location of work
Candiolo Cancer Institute and University of Turin. Part of the research might be conducted remotely.
The Aipocratech research group is composed by a multidisciplinary, multi‐investigator team, involving researcher from different fields: medical imaging, computer science, and radiology. The group was founded in 2010 by Prof. Regge, an experienced radiologist and a pioneer in the field of in‐vivo imaging biomarkers. The group significantly contributed to the development of artificial intelligence based systems for colorectal polyps detection at virtual colonscopy, and for segmentation and characterization of breast and prostate cancers on MR images. Ongoing research of the Aipocratech lab include the identification and validation of imaging biomarkers to predict response to therapy.
Applications should be sent at:
Dr. Valentina Giannini, email@example.com
Prof. Daniele Regge, firstname.lastname@example.org